The Information RAMPIT Collects:
1. User-Provided Information: You may provide to RAMPIT what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, telephone numbers, etc.) when using this Website, such as when you register, when you submit Entries and/or when you provide information in order to receive recognition.
2. "Cookies" Information: When you use this Website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. RAMPIT may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to this Website. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from this Website, you may not be able to utilize the features of this Website to their fullest potential.
3. "Flash Cookies" Information: Flash and other browser plugin applications use technology similar to cookies to enable the storage and recall settings, preferences and usage data, and other information. Because they are stored in separate software applications, these types of cookies are not managed through your web browser's cookie management interface. RAMPIT may employ such techniques, including Adobe Flash Cookies (also called "Local Shared Objects") to track information related to your interaction with features of this Website through which Flash-based content is provided. You can access various Flash Cookie management tools and configure privacy and security settings for your Flash Player from Adobe's web site directly.
4. "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use this Website or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after this Website, the pages you view on this Website, and the dates and times that you visit this Website.
5. Third Party Web Beacons: We may also implement third party content, such as advertising, on this Website that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons," or other similar techniques, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies (including Flash Cookies) to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on this Website. This information is collected directly by the third party, and RAMPIT does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
The Way RAMPIT Uses Information
1. RAMPIT uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on this Website. We will use your email address to contact you with respect to Entries, Awards, and otherwise in connection with Competitions, for any administrative and customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding Postings.
2. RAMPIT uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way this Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
3. RAMPIT may use "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit this Website; (b) provide customized third party content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the operation and effectiveness of this Website and related activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your status in any Competitions or other activities.
4. RAMPIT may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you i) messages about this Website or communications from other Users, ii) promotional messages related to this Website and the activities of third parties we work with, and iii) messages on behalf of other Users who think you may be interested in this Website. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your Account settings through this Website.
When RAMPIT Discloses Information
We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining this Website and supporting the operation of Competitions. For example:
1. By its nature, this Website enables Users to communicate in a variety of ways, including between Users. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in an area of this Website accessible to other Users, such as Postings will be available to other Users who access that content. This also applies to information you choose to make available through features that connect to third party services, if applicable. Once you make your personally identifiable information available in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. We urge Users to exercise common sense and good judgment about what personal information to make available to others through this Website.
2. RAMPIT may disclose your personally identifiable information to the Competition Host and/or Competitors, as applicable, to enable your participation in and the operation of Competitions.
3. RAMPIT works with third party service providers to provide general website hosting, specialized Content hosting (e.g. the hosting of video Content), maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information as a result of performing the services they were engaged to perform.
4. RAMPIT may enable Users to communicate directly with other Users of this Website. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in a communication with other Users, will be available to such other Users.
5. RAMPIT may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with applicable laws, to respond to a court order, judicial, or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise assist or cooperate with law enforcement or similar activities in connection with internal or coordinated fraud detection and prevention, and the protection or enforcement of third party rights.
6. RAMPIT works to promote a safe and reliable service for all Users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect RAMPIT and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of this Website; or, to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of RAMPIT, our Users, or others.
You may decline to share certain personally identifiable information with RAMPIT, in which case RAMPIT may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality found on this Website. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings page or editing your profile through this Website. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active User databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
We may now or in the future make certain tools and features for configuring your privacy settings available to you through this Website, but any such features and settings we may provide do not guarantee the anonymity or confidentiality of any information, including personally identifiable information and Postings that you provide or submit to this Website.
Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to Websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on this Website. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
RAMPIT’s Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, RAMPIT does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of this Website is directed to persons under 18 years-of-age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS-OF-AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If RAMPIT learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected on this Website without verifiable parental consent, then RAMPIT will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child, under the age of 13, has obtained a User Account on this Website, then you may alert RAMPIT and request that RAMPIT delete that child's personally identifiable information ([email protected]).
RAMPIT’s Commitment to Data Security
RAMPIT uses a variety of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to improve the security of our systems and your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to RAMPIT, nor can we guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You transfer your information to RAMPIT at your own risk.
If RAMPIT learns of a security systems breach, then we will attempt to notify you electronically, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. If you'd like to receive such a notice please contact us at [email protected]
RAMPIT Contact Information: